Since I turn 22 today, and my birthday falls on December 22, I thought it would be cool if I wrote out 22 things I have learned this past year. So here it is:
- I’ve learned how to drive in L.A. haha and I hated it. I have way. Too. Much. Road. Rage.
- I’ve learned that I suck at walking in heels for a long time. Vegas taught me this. I cry.
- I’ve learned how to run 8 miles without stopping.
- I’ve learned how to cook salmon without it crumbling before I put it on my plate.
- I’ve learned that hurt people, hurt people, but forgiveness can always transcend if you trust Jesus to help you.
- I’ve learned that true spiritual healing is found in Scripture and spending time with Christ.
- I’ve learned that sometimes you need to play some loud rap music and dance in your mirror on long-draining days. (talk about an adrenaline rush)
- I’ve kinda learned how to keep score for Tennis matches.
- I’ve learned how to listen to people better. That to be a good listener, you must be intentional with your questions.
- I’ve learned that God’s plan for my life is not subject to any human hand or stipulation.
- I’ve learned that my Heavenly Father will never give up on me, that He will always fight on my behalf (Exodus 14:14).
- I’ve learned that I absolutely suck at being patient at times.
- I’ve learned how to read a TelePrompTer better.
- I’ve learned how to pray more boldly.
- I’ve learned that the best way to heal bouts of depression is to serve others and make them your mind’s priority.
- I’ve learned that Miller Lite originated in Wisconsin.
- I’ve learned that if you press your pointer fingernail underneath of your thumbnail it’ll keep you from crying.
- I’ve learned that the closest galaxy to the Milky Way is 2.5 million light years away and is named Andromeda.
- I’ve learned that Andromeda means “to be mindful of a man” which makes sense because this galaxy is the closest to ours which contains mankind. (httpss://www.behindthename.com/name/andromeda)
- I’ve learned that when I am most confused or uncertain that I can look at creation and be reminded of my Creator’s attention for detail and concern for me.
- I’ve learned that age 21 was the year (so far) that I have grown the most.
- I’ve learned that God is willing to stop me in my tracks. He will always act when I grow complacent, He will always rise to the occasion, He will always lead, and He will always love me. Therefore, He will never let me down.
This next season of life I am about to enter is exciting and nerve racking at the same time. I graduate college, I will hopefully accept a new job, I could possibly move to a different city, and so much more! I know 22 will rock my socks off (who even says that anymore lol) because all of my other years of living have been truly astounding and adventure filled!
“And as You speak
A hundred billion galaxies are born
In the vapour of Your breath the planets form
If the stars were made to worship so will I”